Dear Cougar Family,
It’s not the weekend we expected, but it’s the weekend we had to have.
We’ve reached the end of three days of official lockdown, and inevitably we all want to know, what’s next?
As always, the safety and well-being of our community comes first, with our next move aligned with that of the government and Basketball WA.
It is a busy time for our sport, with our winter domestic competitions only commencing last week, WABL coming approaching round two, and the delay of our NBL1 teams round two games.
With today’s announcement, Cockburn Basketball Association will be partially re-opening tomorrow, with the following in effect until otherwise indicated by Basketball WA and the State Government.
- MASKS: Mandatory for all people over the age of 12 inside Wally Hagan Stadium (playing or non-playing). We have a number of masks available HERE for adults and children if you wish to purchase some today for collection tomorrow.
- CHECK IN: As is always the case, check-ins are expected when entering Wally Hagan Stadium as part of our terms of entry.
- CAPACITY: 20 people total inside Wally Hagan Stadium
- CASUAL SHOOTING: Available between 10am and 3pm providing participants adhere to mask wearing, capacity and check in rules.
- JUNIOR AND SENIOR COMPETITION: Suspended from Tuesday April 27 – Friday April 30 inclusive.
- AUSSIE HOOPS / COUGAR ACADEMY: Set to commence Saturday 1 May, pending any future Government announcements.
- WABL: Training is suspended from Tuesday April 27 – Friday April 30 inclusive. Announcements regarding round two games will be communicated later this week by Basketball WA.
- NBL1: Training will commence under capacity, check in and mask-wearing rules. Announcements regarding Round three games (Saturday onwards) will be communicated by Basketball WA later this week.
- Merchandise Collection: can occur during business hours from 9am-5pm.
We have all been down this path before, and we know it can make us feel frustrated, uncomfortable and anxious. However, it is our responsibility as a community to do the right thing not for ourselves, but for the person standing next to us.
As more announcements come to light over the next week, we will provide you with further information.
Please take care of yourselves, friends and family.
See you all soon.
Chief Executive Officer
Cockburn Basketball Association